You Get A Spoon made its triumphant return to the Bay Area last night at the Red Poppy Art House. Thanks so much to everyone who came out. We had a fantastic jazz trio playing music (Dan Manian, Andrew Wong, and Cyril Guiraud), poetry from Austen Rosenfeld, stories from Dhaya Lakshminarayanan, and a reading by Caille Millner.
Here's what everyone recommended:
Dhaya Lakshminarayanan, comedian and storyteller
1) In A Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson
2) Ube puff with prickly pear icing from Mr. Holmes’ Bakehouse
3) Glide Floss Mint Flavor
Austen Rosenfeld, poet
1) Encounters with the Archdruid by John McPhee
2) Zojirushi rice cooker
3) Kodak disposable camera
Caille Millner, memoirist, SF Chronicle columnist, and writer
1) Texas: The Great Theft by Carmen Boullosa
2) Poco Dolce burnt caramel tiles
3) 032c Magazine
Rama won the spoon!